When an After Hours Cutoff is set, iBex will automatically change the sell method of any remaining available units to on request basis if an online booking is being made after the cutoff time you have set. Any online bookings will then come through as a request so that you can either confirm or reject the booking.
There are several advantages of setting an after hours cutoff:
- Allows properties to identify rooms and mark them as “On Request” when a defined time of day is passed.
- This would allow a property to list their rooms for sale up until the reception desk closes, after which they’re now on request.
- Prevents a property from receiving same day bookings at the close of business hours for that day. It will not prevent back end bookings however.
- To push a ‘stopsell’ instruction to all channels on nominated room types after a predefined time of day has been reached with the stop sell applicable only for the remainder of that day.
Some Important Notes:|
1. Select the Search Room Types in the Rooms section in the menu.
2. Click on the ID for the room type that you want to set the cutoff for.
3. Go into the Details tab.
4. Scroll down to the Advanced Rules section.
5. Amend the After Hours Cutoff by selecting a time of day from the dropdown list that you want iBex to automatically change the sell method to on request basis.
6. Click the Save room type button at the bottom of the screen.
Updates to channels may not happen immediately. It is best to set the cutoff slightly earlier than needed as a buffer.
On the Availability & Sell Method calendar you will see the rooms as on request, hovering over them will give you an explanation as to why the room is on request - See below example of the courtyard being displayed as on request because the rooms cutoff time has been set to 7pm: