PMS users only
|Do you need a multiple guest account?|
Any unit in a booking can have multiple guest accounts enabling you to:
1. Add additional guests to a booking when their stay is a different duration to the lead guest.
For example, Mrs Jones joins Mr Jones for part of his stay. He is staying for a week (due to work) so she has joined him for the weekend.
2. Provide separate billing for individual guests who wish to have their own guest account.
For example, if 2 work colleagues staying in the same room request a separate bill/receipt for their half of the room costs.
|You can only create multiple guest accounts to units that are saved within a booking.|
You can add multiple guest accounts to a unit at any time.
Adding to an Existing Booking
If the booking is already in your system ...
1.) Go into the booking and select the Rooms tab. Click on Split Guest Account.
2.) A pop up will appear named Add Guest Account:
- Select the dates that this guest is staying (it can be different to the original dates booked if necessary)
- Select the number of guests that will be included in this guest account.
- Enter the total daily/nightly/weekly price that you will be charging this guest account (for all guests included).
The amount entered will follow the same rules as the original price booked (For example, if a per night rate was booked, you enter the per night price you want to charge. You can enter any amount so if there is no additional cost for the additional guest, just enter 0).
Click Save additional Guest Account.
3.) iBex will then save the new guest account and display it with the other units in the booking
If you have multiple units within the booking, iBex will ask you to select which room you want to add the additional guest account to. Just select the unit from the drop down option. If you select the wrong one you can change it by selecting the Ticked Rooms Option, and change rooms using the drop down box.
You may now need to amend the original booking details if necessary:
- If splitting the bill remember that the original unit saved to the booking may have been made for all occupants at the total booked price. If the number of occupants or price is going to be different for this part of the bill, it needs to be amended. You can change them by clicking on the value and amending. For example, if you are splitting a room bill between 2, you would need to amend the occupants in the original details to 1 adult and half the rate. That will then allow the totals to be correct once you've added and saved all guest accounts for that unit.
- If adding a guest If the additional guest is not included in the original booking then no changes will be necessary to the original booking unless the original total price needs to be changed. If this is the case, remember that the price will be changed for all dates that the unit is currently confirmed for. If the price for that account differs for any given day, you will need to split the current room booked into a multi room booking so that each date range has it's own price as necessary.
Once all the guest accounts are as required, click Save rooms.
Once the booking has been made, you will be able to go into the Finance tab and add payments as required and/or create any invoices for any individual guest if necessary.
|Some helpful Tips :|
Any multi guest accounts booking is displayed in dark green on your bookings calendar. By clicking on the green bar, you will see a drop down section appear with the two separate dates showing:
If you hover over the booking, a booking summary will pop up and you will be able to switch between each guest account's summary by clicking the Previous or Next buttons shown in the pop up (as shown below):
If necessary, you can amend the name by clicking on the current name for that room.
To be able to view or amend the individual accounts for the unit, simply open the booking as normal or click on the booking in the calendar and iBex will expand the unit so that you can click on whichever guest account you want to amend.
Create the booking details as you normally would.
1.) In the Rooms section, select the room(s) you want to add to your booking and click Add To Cart
2.) Click Book
3.) You can now click Split Guest Account and add the extra guest
4.) If you have multiple units within the booking, iBex will ask you to select which room you wish to add the additional guest account to. Just select the unit from the drop down option and click Accept Additional Guest Account to be brought to the next page where you can enter dates/ guest numbers and rates.
|Some helpful Tips :|