If you have an account set up with Tourism Exchange, you can connect it to your iBex Channel Manager so that any rates and room availability are automatically updated by your iBex system. In return, any bookings made at Tourism Exchange will also be automatically updated in your iBex system. Please note that this channel is for Australian properties only.
All Bookings will automatically be allocated a unit in accordance with what order you have set your units to be allocated to and will show on your Bookings Calendar.
|Please read the important notes (bottom of page) about interface limitations.|
|Note: If you would like Seekom support to make the connection for you, a charge of $110 per hour (+tax) will apply with a minimum charge of $50 (+tax).|
The TXA system pulls availability and prices from iBex on demand. However, bookings are made at TXA and are sent to iBex like a stnadard channel.
TXA supplies rates to various external parties called distributors and these can be channels like Agoda and Jetstar.
view list of distributors in the attachments at the bottom of the page
- TXA sends new bookings and cancellations.
- The interface doesn’t re-sync availability and rates as TXA will pull this on demand.
- TXA pulls room and property details once a day.
- You shouldn’t choose distributors in TXA which you already have connected to iBex (like Booking.com, Agoda, etc). The full list of distributors can be found in the link above.
- Text filled in the Condition of Use and Booking Terms fields will be displayed to guest on the booking pages at TXA.
- Information about payment options can also be found at http://v3leisure.com/OMF-Bank-offers
- There are two types of providers in OBX, Unit Based (Accommodation, Non-Serviced Accommodation) and Passenger Based (Attractions, Events, Tours).
- If any of the rooms in the mapping have Stop Sell ticked, the availability and rates for that room won’t be returned to TXA.
Follow these steps to connect your iBex account with Tourism Exchange.
- The property will sign up with TXA by going to the Property Sign Up url above.
- Their sales team will assist the property with setting up and some basic property information into the TXA extranet called the Open Booking Exchange (OBX).
- TXA will provide the shortname/provider id which is required to set up the connection in iBex.
- The required property information fields have to be filled as TXA will pull all this information from iBex once a day.
|1||Once you have an account set up with Tourism Exchange you can connect this to iBex by following these instructions.|
|2||Login to your iBex account – click here|
|3||From left menu select Sales Channels > Add a sales Channel|
|4||At the pop up window titled ‘New Sales Channel’ click the button Register Available Sales Channel|
|5||Enter ‘tourism exchange’ into the search field at top right of window and press enter on your keyboard.|
Matching results will be displayed – see example screen image below.
Click the green plus symbol adjacent to Tourism Exchange.
|6||Optionally update General section fields as required. Notes are private. |
Refer sample example screen image below.
|7||At Rules section:|
|8||Click Register Sales Channel button.|
You will progress to the Channel Mapping tab.
|9||Enter your email address at iBex Notification Emails To field.|
|10|| It is recommended that iBex Email on New Booking are set as follows:|
|11||It is recommended that iBex Booking Email Rule is set to ‘Follow normal email rules’.|
|12||At Channel Property ID enter property ID as supplied by Tourism Exchange.|
|13||Select your Australian Region and the type of your property from Product Classification drop down selectors.|
|14||Complete additional fields including Check in and Check out times, whether your property is Exempted From Tax, the Latitude/Longitude, Property Image URL.|
|15||Text populated in the Condition of Use and Booking Terms fields will be displayed to guest on the booking pages at TXA.|
|16||Click Save button.|
|17||Room and rate mapping will now be set – refer sample screen image below.|
|18||An example mapping is shown in the image below. The Channel Room Name is the mirror of the iBex Room Name so matching room names should be mapped.|
Please note that all rates mapped should be in AUD dollars.
|19||Click Save button.|
|20||Click Save & Update Channel button.|