HomeAway Calendar Sync Setup Instructions
The integration provides the ability to sync iBex room availability with HomeAway via their calendar import facility which accepts a url that provides availability data using the iCal format.
The limitation of HomeAway calendar is that the only information that is accepted is the availability status ie available or blocked (unavailable). This means that detailed data like unit counts, rates/prices and booking information are not transmitted through the connection. Existing Stayz accounts will need to be upgrade to HomeAway dashboard to be able to sync the calendar. Please contact your HomeAway-Stayz account manager directly for more information.
Main website -> https://www.homeaway.com.au/
1. The property has to have an existing account and listings representing each iBex room set up in HomeAway.
2. Login to your iBex account – click here
3. Click on New Sales Channel in the iBex menu (under the header Channel Management).Click on the green Plus symbol for the HomeAway sales channel.
4. Choose the Selling Group for the availability you wish to send to the HomeAway.
5. Click Register Sales Channel button. You will progress to the Channel Mapping tab.
6. Click Save button.
7. Click Save & Update Channel button to activate the connection.
8. The channel mapping is shown below. No rooms will be visible for mapping since room/rate mapping is not required.
9. Click on the View Room/Rates At Channel link on the mapping page to generate the calendar urls for each room as in the image below.
To Import an external calendar
- Log in to your HomeAway Account: www.homeaway.com.au
- If you have more than one property, select the property you wish to edit.
- Click the Calendar icon in the left navigation menu.
- Click Reservations.
- Click the Import/Export arrows icon.
- Click Import Calendar.
- Give the calendar a name.
- Select a color to represent the calendar.
- Enter the calendar URL.
- Select whether the calendar will block availability. (Note: in order to block availability, the event must span at least one night.)
- Click Import Calendar
- Refresh the HomeAway calendar page and check that the availability status matches iBex.
1. HomeAway supports a one-way connection using the iCalendar format. As as result the new interface will only keep HomeAway calendar updated up to 360 days into the future. Unfortunately this API will not update rates and MinStays requirements, so you still have to set manually these inside your HomeAway account.
2. Each iBex room type is to represented by a listing on HomeAway.
3. Homeaway syncs availability from iBex every 2 hours so availability changes in iBex won’t be instantly updated on HomeAway.
4. If the connection in iBex is deleted and a new one created, HomeAway has to be updated with new urls since the data in the urls have changed with the new connection.
5. Reservation made through HomeAway will not be feed through to iBex. As a result any bookings you receive through HomeAway will not update your availability in iBex unless the booking is entered manually.