Changing a minimum stay period is best demonstrated with an example.
I want to set a 2 night minimum stay requirement for all Fridays and Saturdays in December and January. I also want to increase the nightly rate for those Fridays and Saturdays by $20. Since I already have a 1 night price available for Fridays and Saturdays, I will need to replace this with the 2 night requirement and the new price.
Once set, any customers trying to make an online booking for 1 night that includes a Friday or Saturday in December or January will be alerted that there is a 2 night minimum stay requirement.
- Select the Min Stay change option (in the Rates & Min stays section in your menu).
- You will be taken to the calendar screen with the Rates & min stays tab open.
- Select the Long Term method so that it is highlighted green.
- Click on any cell that represents the minimum stay price that I want to change (ie. the one night price for the rate I'm changing).
TIP - Do not worry about the date as this can be selected in the next stage
- The Change Min Stay pop up will appear with the Set Min Stay button highlighted green.
- Ensure that the Rate Type field has the correct iBex rate name selected.
- Ensure that the Min Stay field has the number of nights that you no longer want bookable.
- Below this iBex will confirm that you want to replace the minimum stay requirement that is selected above with a different number of nights (see the screenshot below).
- Enter the new minimum stay requirement (in this example, 2).
If the option is not available from the drop down selection options, just enter the number required.
- Select the Date range that you want the new minimum stay requirement applied.
Once you have entered a date range, iBex will show you days of the week so that you can select the days that this change will apply to.
In this example, I will only have Friday and Saturday ticked.
- If I also wanted to charge a different price, I can change it here in the Base rate and Additional Guests fields if necessary.
In this example, I will increase the Base rate by $20.
- Select Set Rates
iBex will confirm the changes have been saved so that you can Close the pop up.
You will now see on the calendar, the 1 night price is applicable Sunday - Thursday and the new 2 night price is applicable for Fridays & Saturdays.
|Some helpful tips:|